Take a moment of silence. Close your eyes. Imagine a gazillion shades of beautiful green surrounding you on all fronts. Look up now, at the shades of azure and grey that paint the sky. Now look ahead. See a huge crowd in front of you, lazing on the grass, or headbanging – however you’d like them.
Ah, now you’re ready!
Welcome, musicians from every part of the country, every conceivable realm of music, welcome to the biggest rock band contests of the North East, Rock O Phonix of Alcheringa, IIT Guwahati!
Register for the contest and be a part of an ultimate race to fame. If you have that x-factor in your music, this is your opportunity to show it to the world.
Alcheringa, popularly known as "Alcher", is the annual cultural festival of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati. It was started in 1996 by a group of students of IIT Guwahati. Since then, it has gone on to become one of the biggest college level cultural events in India. Scheduled from 28th to 31st January 2016 Alcheringa is in its 20th reincarnation. It attracts people from all over the world with its spectacular events and competitions spread over the 4 days of the festival.
1. Bands from any college and music academies are allowed to participate.
2. There will be no language restrictions on the entries.
3. A Band will only be considered, if they have atleast one audio added to their profile
4. There is no College, Age, Location restriction on the members.
5. This is a 2 Stage contest, where prelim/elimination round will be conducted online on Muslate.com, followed by a live finale event which will be held during the course of the festival at IIT Guwahati, India
6. Muslate.com will own all the exclusive rights for the content that will be posted by you during the contest.
7. Muslate.com is no where responsible for any copyright infringement.
8. Any dispute arising due to any confusion regarding the contest shall be resolved only by IIT Guwahati and Muslate.com and the decision or resolution provided will be considered final.
9. Each band will need to nominate their band profile for the contest.
10. Shortlisting for the finale event will be done based on quality of uploaded music. Winner of the public voting will be awarded an assured selection with free accomodation.
11. Entry Submission for contest may subject to rejection.
12. Winners of the prelim round will be rewarded with direct entry to Rockophonix National Prelims during Alcheringa and Travel Reimbursement will be provided according to a laid down policy.
13. Finalists will need to manage all the travel and other expenses on their own, apart from the winner of the online Prelim round.
14. Bands will have to bring their own musical instruments and effects. However programmed music is not allowed. Standard drum set will be provided.
15. Each band will be given 30(25 + 5) minutes for their performance in which also includes the sound check.
16. Each band will be allowed to perform as many tracks within the stipulated time limit. A band will be required to perform at least one original.
17. Muslate.com and Alcheringa reserves the right to make any changes in the rules, without any prior notice and disqualify any participating band on grounds of misconduct or obscene behaviour.
1. Prizes worth INR 2.5 Lakhs are on offer to the top three bands
December 6, 2015
The Musician Centric Band Competition
Host : IISC Bangalore